Kasos to Lipsi Ferry

The Kasos Lipsi ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Blue Star Ferries. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 12 hours 45 minutes.

Kasos Lipsi sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Kasos - Lipsi Ferry Operators

  • Blue Star Ferries
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 12 hr 45 min
    • Get price

Kasos Guide

The Greek island of Kasos is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies in the south east Aegean Sea. The island is located to the south west of the island of Karpathos, between Karpathos and Crete. The small island, which measures around 50 sq. km, only has about 1,000 inhabitants and is quite mountainous with the highest peak standing at 550m above sea level. Worth exploring are the island's 5 villages which are: Fry, Agia Marina, Panagia, Poli and Arvanitochori. The island's port can be found in the village of Fry. The island has managed to retain its natural identity mainly because of the lack of large scale tourism. Visitors to the island will love the quality of its fish, locally produced cheeses and its friendly hospitality.

There are around 100 churches on the island which bears testament to the island's deep religious beliefs. Worth visiting is the church of Agios Spiridonas, the complex of six churches in Panagia village and the church of Agios Georgios, which is now regarded as the protector of the island.

The island can be reached by ferry via Piraeus, Crete (Siteia, Agios Nikolaos), Rhodes, Halki and Karpathos.

Lipsi Guide

Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.